Re: [opensuse-buildservice] How to manage a product with very frequent releases and no maintenance for each release
On jueves, 6 de septiembre de 2018 17:34:58 (CEST) Neal Gompa wrote:
On Thu, Sep 6, 2018 at 10:34 AM Julio González Gil <jgonzalez@xxxxxxxx>
Two questions to ask here:

1. Is the intent to only maintain a single release series? If yes, do
you intend for seamless migration/upgrade to be possible?

This is more a question for Uyuni-devel, but the list is still not created, so
I will give a short answer here:

We will not be doing maintenance of any version, the idea is having a rolling
release system (but with numbered versions, unlike Tumbleweed which doesn't
have numbering for the system itself AFAIK).

We intend to have migration paths and make the migration seamless as long as
the base system is not changed.

In those cases where the base system changes (i.e. Leap 42.3 to Leap 15.0),
there could be a special procedure to migrate, but it's yet to be defined.

I will forward details to the uyuni-devel list as soon as I have all of them
and the list is ready.

--
Julio González Gil <jgonzalez@xxxxxxxx>
Release Engineer