Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Re: KIWI package expansion problems with SUSE:SLE-15:GA/standard
Am 08.08.2018 um 15:11 schrieb Adrian Schröter:
On Mittwoch, 8. August 2018, 15:06:10 CEST wrote Stefan Seyfried:
Am 08.08.2018 um 15:02 schrieb Stefan Seyfried:
Hi Andreas,

Am 08.08.2018 um 14:50 schrieb Andreas Schwab:
On Aug 08 2018, Stefan Seyfried <stefan.seyfried@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Executive summary:
using <source path='obs:/SUSE:SLE-15:GA/standard'/> does not work.
Expicitly listing all sub-paths/projects of SUSE:SLE-15:GA/standard does
work.

Try using "obsrepositories:/".

OK, now I have looked up the obsrepositories:/ usage in the documentation.
I had just replaced "obs://SUSE:" with "obsrepositories://SUSE:" in kiwi.xml
which will of course not work.

right..

Unfortunately, defining repos in the project config is not a good option for
me (as my customers will want to build
SLES12 and SLES15 and whatever images they want in the same project)>
well, they could have two repos, but no matter the

I tried to look at the documentation, but I think I would need an example for
the "two repos" setup to understand this ;-)

obs://SUSE:SLE-15:GA/SLES

This will work, because .../SLES is not an "aggregate" of several repositories
via path= like .../standard is.

way should definitive work. I would point you to the official sle 15
template, but there is no working
one atm :/
Will follow up on that ...

My feeling is, that the recursion through the path= aggregates is not working
as expected.

Another thing (which I have no simple test case / reproducer for right now)
which might be related is that with multiple
repositories in a kiwi.xml file, it is not always clear which project config of
these repositories is actaully used, so
(besides package priorities) you need to be very careful about the order of the
repositories and in which repositories
prjconf you configure what. But I have not re-investigated this for OBS 2.9,
and if it still poses a problem, I'll open
a separate issue for it.

Thanks,
--
Stefan Seyfried