[opensuse-buildservice] spurious builds from source change, that didn't happen
  • From: Hans-Peter Jansen <hpj@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2018 15:49:02 +0200
Hi *,

today, I observed a spurious build of a package because of a source change,
that didn't happen (at least not consciously):

https://build.opensuse.org/packages/gcc/build_reason/home:frispete:gcc/openSUSE_Leap_42.3/x86_64

Timestamp of gcc.spec is changed today, but I did something completely
different at that time. Last time, I touched it was 17 days ago (revision 7):

https://build.opensuse.org/package/revisions/home:frispete:gcc/gcc

Package links to https://build.opensuse.org/package/show/openSUSE:Factory/gcc,
but that gcc.spec also hasn't changed since the last 7 days.

osc diff with a local copy doesn't show any changes as well.

Question is, what triggered the timestamp change of gcc.spec?

Needless to say, a spurious build of such a package is snowballing builds in
all depending projects for no good reason.

I feel the need to say sorry for the wasted resources.

Sorry,
Pete