Re: [opensuse-buildservice] obs service github_tarballs
Am 26.06.2018 um 13:01 schrieb Olaf Hering:
Am Tue, 26 Jun 2018 09:37:50 +0200
schrieb Christian <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

rebuild after creating a new 'tag' in github.

github might be able to do a 'osc service rr $prj $pkg', but it seems that
OBS lacks a concept of 'latest reachable tag from $branch' for the "revision"
parameter. At least it is not clear from /usr/lib/obs/service/tar_scm.service
how that should be done.
AFAIUnderstand is tar_scm useful for 'commit' based rebuilds ... yeah
that is nice, but not wanted here.

That is why I thought github_tarballs service could be a solution, but
still not aware how to get 'refs/tags/latest' ...

For the time being create the _service on the fly. If "latest_git_tag"
changes a new _service will be commited.

... how to get 'latest_git_tag' ...

<services>
<service name="obs_scm">
<param name="filename">${pkg}</param>
<param name="revision">${latest_git_tag}</param>
<param name="scm">git</param>
<param name="submodules">disable</param>
<param name="url">https://gitlab.com/${prj}/${pkg}.git</param>
<param name='versionformat'>%ci.%h</param>
</service>
<service mode="buildtime" name="tar">
<param name="obsinfo">${pkg}.obsinfo</param>
</service>
<service mode="buildtime" name="set_version">
<param name="basename">${pkg}</param>
</service>
</services>

Olaf

this looks nice, but looks like this must be done somehow manual each
time you create a tag on github you go to obs and update the package
manually ... or did I get something wrong ...

I still have no idea what obs is able to do ... probably cause of very
less documentation :-(

--

Christian
https://join.worldcommunitygrid.org?recruiterId=177038