Re: [opensuse-buildservice] obs service github_tarballs
Am 26.06.2018 um 10:59 schrieb Frank Schreiner:

I am not really aware about the possibilities of the _service, what
they
do and where the differences are ...

ok, obs_scm/tar_scm gives you the possibility to create a new
tar/obscpio archive to use in your builds.
still wondering why downloading sources and repackaging when github
provides a tar.gz archive for download after creating a tag.
only githubs naming scheme is somehow strange.
The tag '1.0' results in downlink...'1.0.tar.gz' instead of expected
'pkgname'-1.0.tar.gz

If you want to create on each new tag - I don`t have the correct/tested
solution.

But I can tell you how we use it.

We use it in OBS:Server:Unstable and OBS:Server:2.9 for example.

https://build.opensuse.org/package/view_file/OBS:Server:Unstable/obs-server/_service?expand=1

https://build.opensuse.org/package/view_file/OBS:Server:2.9:Staging/obs-server/_service?expand=1

You can use github services (like "Obs") to trigger a new service run in your
staging project.
I configured this already with Refs: refs/tags/*

As you have the possibility to define "Refs" in your github service, I hope
this also works for tags.
still trying to find out if that works
and still trying to find out how to use this with github_tarballs ...

Otherwise you could create a staging project for continuous integration and
a "final project" with a "disabled" service to release your software.
I am having a 'subproject' (PRJ:testing) where I want to establish this,
if this release/tag is OK then it will be submitted to 'PRJ' ....

cu
M0ses

Thank you for your help

--