[opensuse-buildservice] Problems after update to 2.9.2
Hi,

begin of this week I updated our private instance of OBS from 2.8.4 to 2.9.2.
First tests did not show any
issues, builds were running just fine. But after adding a new worker (no
package cache !) we get
build errors, in the build log we see that getbinaries did fail for the basic
system packages (but the
files are available and the packages do not have any unresolved state.
In the repo server log I see the GET /getbinaries request and then a POST with
failed status, nothing more.
With Wireshark I saw that the answer for the /getbinaries request do contain
info with "file is a symlink".
Our base OS repositories are created from loop mounted Product DVDs or a local
SMT copy, all packages are sym linked to
the :full/ directory of the project, since we are in a fully isolated network.
This setup did work without any issues
for some years until now and I know some other private installations which use
a similar bootstrapping method for the basic repositories.

Digging a little bit deeper in the repo server backend code, I found that some
special handling for symlinks was introduced
In the BSHTTP::cpio_sender function and that the function has some support do
follow symlinks, but this was not enabled in the calling
function BSServer::reply_cpio, adding 'follow' => 1 as parameter to the call of
BSHTTP::cpio_sender seems to fix this problem for me.

Questions: Is this valid as fix for now ? Is this a bug or is here some reason
to forbid following symlinks ?

Thanks
Karsten

The information in this e-mail is confidential. The contents may not be
disclosed or used by anyone other than the addressee. Access to this e-mail by
anyone else is unauthorised.
If you are not the intended recipient, please notify Airbus immediately and
delete this e-mail.
Airbus cannot accept any responsibility for the accuracy or completeness of
this e-mail as it has been sent over public networks. If you have any concerns
over the content of this message or its Accuracy or Integrity, please contact
Airbus immediately.
All outgoing e-mails from Airbus are checked using regularly updated virus
scanning software but you should take whatever measures you deem to be
appropriate to ensure that this message and any attachments are virus free.