Re: [opensuse-buildservice] OBS scheduling issue: keep in state "Build jobs exists" for a long time
On Mittwoch, 18. April 2018, 14:55:04 CEST wrote Hans-Peter Jansen:
Hi,

I'm observing a strange behaviour, when OBS is under high repo recalculation
load, like just now (~800 repo recalculation jobs with medium priority).

In this OBS state, finished build jobs keep a project in the "Build jobs
exists" for a _long_ time, even if it just contains 3 packages, 2 succeeded,
1
finished (successful) for a single architecture. I observed such stalls in
the
range of 15-90 minutes over the last days.

If I trigger some arbitrary project activity like adding a nonsense package,
this state is left immediately.

yes, you cause a high prio event with that.

I get the feeling, that halve of the OBS is in this stalled state, and the
reason for so many idle hosts (~300 ATM). OTOH, I remember the times, where
OBS was much more responsive, and suffered from such state stalls on rare
occasions only (due to many high priority repo recalculations).

the bottlneck is the recalculation of the repositories. It has nothing
to do with the existing build power.

(AG Nürnberg)

Maxfeldstraße 5
90409 Nürnberg