[opensuse-buildservice] OBS scheduling issue: keep in state "Build jobs exists" for a long time
  • From: Hans-Peter Jansen <hpj@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2018 14:55:04 +0200
Hi,

I'm observing a strange behaviour, when OBS is under high repo recalculation
load, like just now (~800 repo recalculation jobs with medium priority).

In this OBS state, finished build jobs keep a project in the "Build jobs
exists" for a _long_ time, even if it just contains 3 packages, 2 succeeded, 1
finished (successful) for a single architecture. I observed such stalls in the
range of 15-90 minutes over the last days.

If I trigger some arbitrary project activity like adding a nonsense package,
this state is left immediately.

I get the feeling, that halve of the OBS is in this stalled state, and the
reason for so many idle hosts (~300 ATM). OTOH, I remember the times, where
OBS was much more responsive, and suffered from such state stalls on rare
occasions only (due to many high priority repo recalculations).

Cheers,
Pete