Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Open Build Service 2.9 released​
  • From: Neal Gompa <ngompa13@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2018 13:51:00 -0400
On Thu, Mar 29, 2018 at 10:33 AM, Bjoern Geuken <bgeuken@xxxxxxx> wrote:

On 03/29/2018 02:18 PM, Adrian Schröter wrote:

JFYI,

we pulled back this release to research a potential dangerous bug
damaging database data.

The rpm repositries on download.o.o are there for removed on purpose.

We will come back when we have a better understanding.

JFYI,

the related issue can be found here:
https://github.com/openSUSE/open-build-service/issues/4761

The problem seems to be that one of the database migrations[*] changes data
in the db without syncing this with the backend.

[*] 20170306084558_change_repositories_remote_project_name_to_not_null.rb

It's more serious than that. Synchronizing the changes to the backend
would actually completely corrupt the projects, because it's actually
deleting targets that are still valid, in part due to the way
de-duplication is handled.

In addition, "restoring" the configuration from the on-disk xml files
(by pasting them into the editor and saving them) makes it even more
broken.