Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Re: gcc-c++ not available at build
  • From: Detlef Steuer <steuer@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2018 16:59:31 +0200
Am Wed, 28 Mar 2018 16:40:41 +0200
schrieb Andreas Schwab <schwab@xxxxxxx>:

On Mär 28 2018, Detlef Steuer <steuer@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

We have BuildRequires: gcc-c++

in R-base.spec.

That means gcc-c++ will be installed when *building* R-base. It says
nothing about the dependencies of the packages it produces.

Some traces:

For example AlgDesign fails, that has Requires: R-base
and BuildRequires: R-base-devel.

R-base-devel requires R-core-devel

R-core-devel requires R-base. I would expect gcc-g++ coming onto the
field there?

No, unless R-base *requires* gcc-c++.

BuildRequires is about build-time dependencies. Requires is about
install-time dependencies. Build-time dependencies are not
transitive.

Ok, that is like I did it from the beginning of times, erhh OBS, until
at some time in the long forgotten past I obviously misunderstood a
hint regarding some *Requires.

Well. Thx for clarification. Will have to add a few Requires.

It remains the question: Why did the build results change *now*?
May be not so important, will have to find the proper place to add
gcc-g++ anyway.

Detlef

Andreas.

--
'People who say "I have nothing to hide" misunderstand the purpose of
surveillance. It was never about privacy. It's about power.' E. Snowden

Dr. Detlef Steuer
Helmut-Schmidt-Universität
Fakultät WiSo
Holstenhofweg 85