Re: [opensuse-buildservice] gcc-c++ not available at build
  • From: Brüns, Stefan <Stefan.Bruens@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2018 14:33:59 +0000
On Mittwoch, 28. März 2018 16:27:40 CEST Detlef Steuer wrote:
Am Wed, 28 Mar 2018 16:01:57 +0200

schrieb Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx>:
On Mittwoch, 28. März 2018, 15:57:30 CEST wrote Darin Perusich:
Hi,

Has gcc-c++ been removed as one of the automatically included
dependencies at build time in OBS? A large number of packages in
devel:languages:R:released are now failing to build due to g++ no
longer being available, and we've changed nothing in the
R-base-devel package Requires which they all rely on.

Can anyone shed some light on this?

It was never installed by default before. If it worked before some
other package required it, you had it in prjconf or in BuildRequires.

But does not matter much, if your package needs it, it should
BuildRequire it IMHO

We have BuildRequires: gcc-c++

in R-base.spec.

Some traces:

For example AlgDesign fails, that has Requires: R-base
and BuildRequires: R-base-devel.

R-base-devel requires R-core-devel

R-core-devel requires R-base. I would expect gcc-g++ coming onto the
field there?

BuildRequires are not transitive. gcc-c++ is required to build R-base, but not
for installing it.

So building AlgDesign requires R-base-devel, and thus R-core-devel and R-base,
but not gcc-c++, install time requires *are* transitive.

Kind regards,

Stefan