[opensuse-buildservice] RC 2 of Open Build Service 2.9 released​
Hi again!

We are happy to announce the first beta release of the upcoming Open
Build Service (OBS) version 2.9.
As a highlight we included the ec2 cloud upload that allows you to upload images to the Amazon Web Services (AWS).
More infrmation can be found in our recent blog post: http://openbuildservice.org/2018/03/01/cloud-upload/

Other highlights are the Studio Express features, an
improved workflow for producing appliance images in OBS. A message bus,
supported by RabbitMQ, to help you connect your own tools to what is
happening inside the OBS. And a much improved notifications system to
keep you up to date with OBS.

More information
----------------
For detailed information of the changes we made please have a look into the 2.9 Release Notes:

https://github.com/openSUSE/open-build-service/blob/2.9/ReleaseNotes-2.9

It is also recommended to read these before updating your OBS instance!

Setting up the ec2 cloud uploader
---------------------------------

You can find information about how to set up the cloud uploader service in our admin guide: http://openbuildservice.org/help/manuals/obs-admin-guide/obs.cha.installation_and_configuration.html#_cloud_upload_setup

Try OBS 2.9 RC 2
----------------
Those of you that don't want to install our release (yet) can have a peek at https://build.opensuse.org, our reference server.

Install 2.9 RC 2
----------------
Please read our setup instructions

https://github.com/openSUSE/open-build-service/blob/2.9/README.md#installation

or better yet, use our appliance

http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/OBS:/Server:/2.9/images/

Update to 2.9 RC 2
------------------
We do not recommend this for critical production instances but if you
already have a running OBS installation and want to update it to this
beta, please read also the README.UPDATERS

https://github.com/openSUSE/open-build-service/blob/2.9/dist/README.UPDATERS

file about the necessary steps.

OBS Appliance users who have setup their LVM

http://openbuildservice.org/download/#appliance_config

can just replace their appliance image without data loss. The migration
will happen automatically.

OBS 2.9 Final