Re: [opensuse-buildservice] What can cause this on a mirror site?
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2018 11:00:27 +0100
Dave Plater wrote:

On 12/02/18 10:38, Per Jessen wrote:
Dave Plater wrote:

On 12/02/18 09:37, Adrian Schröter wrote:
I know this should be reported to Tenet but it would help if I
could point out what could be the cause, especially because this
is a transient error.
Yes, it should be reported there. But you should tell them also
what exact HTTP error you see. You can find this in

/var/log/zypp*

files usually
Unfortunately zypper ref doesn't generate any log entries. This is a
missing repo file:

8ce7446deef0d5d6c48d42e2fe3ee8fb9a852cd2f451ae52156ebd9f7d9daf78-app-icons.tar.gz
not found on medium. These files are in oss/repodata/.
I don't know if these files are synced in from the openSUSE server
or if they are supposed to be generated on the mirror.

Hi Dave,

everything is synced from openSUSE. The mirror is just a mirror.

So for some reason one particular file is intermittently missing the
sync and only coming back on the next sync.

That is what it looks like. FYI, on our own mirror
(http://mirror.hostsuisse.com), appdata-icons.tar.gz is never in
update/, only in distribution/ and tumbleweed/.

What could cause this and if you were a Tenet admin, how would you
rectify this?

Good question.

I've just checked our mirror access logs for the last 30 days - for
Tumbleweed, I see some 700 404s on yyyymmddhhmm-appdata-icons.tar.gz,
otherwise nothing.

Looking for 'app-icons.tar.gz' instead, I see 57 404s on

/update/leap/42.[23]/repodata/longhexstring-app-icons.tar.gz

Only one with user-agent "ZYpp", the rest from browser "Mozilla/4.0
(compatible;)". This I find a pretty odd - the 404s could perhaps be
explained by the mirror only being partially in sync, but I would
expect to see "ZYpp" hitting the 404s too.

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (1.6°C)