[opensuse-buildservice] Beta One of Open Build Service 2.9 Released
People of the Builds!

We are happy to announce the first beta release of the upcoming Open
Build Service (OBS) version 2.9. There have been many changes since our
last major release. Highlights include the Studio Express features, an
improved workflow for producing appliance images in OBS. A message bus,
supported by RabbitMQ, to help you connect your own tools to what is
happening inside the OBS. And a much improved notifications system to
keep up to date with OBS.

More information
----------------
If you are longing for a deeper look into all the changes this update
brings check out the detailed 2.9 Release Notes

https://github.com/openSUSE/open-build-service/blob/2.9/ReleaseNotes-2.9

It is also recommended to read these before updating your OBS instance!

Try OBS 2.9 Beta One
--------------------
2.9 Beta One is deployed on our reference server you can try it there:

https://build.opensuse.org

Install 2.9 Beta One
--------------------
Please read our setup instructions

https://github.com/openSUSE/open-build-service/blob/2.9/README.md#installation

or better yet, use our appliance

http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/OBS:/Server:/2.9/images/

Update to 2.9 Beta One
----------------------
We do not recommend this for critical production instances but if you
already have a running OBS installation and want to update it to this
beta, please read also the README.UPDATERS

https://github.com/openSUSE/open-build-service/blob/2.9/dist/README.UPDATERS

file about the necessary steps.

OBS Appliance users who have setup their LVM

http://openbuildservice.org/download/#appliance_config

can just replace their appliance image without data loss. The migration
will happen automatically.

OBS 2.9 Final
We will continue to work on the final release of 2.9 and expect it to be
released in the near future. We hope you like this beta and are looking
forward to your feedback to it, here on this list, on IRC or by bug
reports in github.

💚 Your Open Build Service Team

--
Henne Vogelsang