Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Open Build Service (OBS) 2.8.4 Released
On Montag, 22. Januar 2018, 08:00:56 CET wrote Adrian Schröter:
On Sonntag, 21. Januar 2018, 20:19:23 CET wrote Stefan Botter:
HI again,

On Tue, 16 Jan 2018 11:43:17 +0100
Stefan Botter <stefan@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi Adrian,

On Tue, 16 Jan 2018 10:54:59 +0100
"Adrian Schröter" <adrian@xxxxxxx> wrote:

On Dienstag, 16. Januar 2018, 10:04:53 CET wrote Stefan Botter:
:
Let me chime in here, just to nag :)
Can you please enable a repo for 42.3 for the OBS Server 2.8
project?

We plan an OBS 2.9 beta next month. That one will also be build
again 42.3.

That is nice to know, but having the stable release on a supported
platform has some appeal. Especially if you have to fulfill certain
compliance rules in some data centers.

Sorry for nagging again.
Can I please have an authoritative answer to whether or not there will
be a openSUSE_Leap_42.3 repo for OBS Server 2.8?
I need this information for fulfilling my compliance rules in my
data center.

If there will be no 42.3 repo, which supported platform will be there
after the support phase of 42.2 ends coming Friday?

We will focus on the 2.9 beta which will be there during february.
And maybe even the final release (depending on feedback).

We recommend to use a SLES 12 base for a production system in a datacenter.

However, I do not want to rule out the existens of an OBS 2.8 on 42.3
entirely,
but we won't work on it. And it is a bit more work then just building the
packages,
it includes also migration testing and so on.

You can of course rebuild the 2.8 project easily yourself and try.
There is only a little chance that something breaks, but no one
knows without testing ;)

JFYI, there is now a sprint item to create a 42.3 stream of OBS 2.8:

https://trello.com/c/Wz6iLmZ7/659-p6-5-add-leap-423-to-the-available-repositories-for-28

I will remove my home project build, since the changes got merged to Staging.

(AG Nürnberg)

Maxfeldstraße 5
90409 Nürnberg
Germany