Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Will api.opensuse.org be down on Oct 13?
  • From: Neal Gompa <ngompa13@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 9 Oct 2017 12:38:35 -0400
On Mon, Oct 9, 2017 at 3:41 AM, Christian Bruckmayer
<cbruckmayer@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi,

On 10/09/2017 08:36 AM, Adrian Schröter wrote:

On Sonntag, 8. Oktober 2017, 05:24:57 CEST wrote Neal Gompa:

Hey all,

I just saw this news[1] that openSUSE services will be down on October
13 through October 14. It sounds like api.opensuse.org will be
affected, but I'm not sure, so I'm asking here.

That is correct, also mentioned on build.opensuse.org announcement lane.

If it is affected, is there something I can do to have my private OBS
instances that are interconnected with api.opensuse.org work while
it's down? Like perhaps caching all the configurations I pull from the
interconnect or something?

Hm, OBS is doing caching, but has no full offline mode yet.

IMHO there is no easy atm, if you want avoid to re-setup your configs.

If there isn't something I can do, is there something you guys could
do to keep this from being a problem? The window that it's down in
German time is the beginning of my workday, so it's really
unfortunate...

I can check with them to take american timezone into account as well.

On news.o.o is missing that the time is in UTC (6 pm German time). Not sure
if that helps you though.

That's 12pm my time...