Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Proposal to use data_migrate gem for API
Hey,

On 11.09.2017 13:57, Evan Rolfe wrote:
On 11/09/17 12:43, Adrian Schröter wrote:

Could we run the data modifications also always when "db:migrate"
is called?
Yes I'm sure thats possible but it would defeat the purpose of having
data migrations separate from database migrations.

The point is defaults. So far the default was that every kind of
migrations was lumped together. So we have two options

1. Change the default, make our Users aware of rake db:migrate:with_data

2. Don't change the default, make `db:migrate` do what
`db:migrate:with_data` does. Make another rake task that does the
same as `db:migrate` for people who want to untangle migration kinds.

I'm sure you can already guess what I really like to avoid ;-)

Henne

--
Henne Vogelsang
http://www.opensuse.org