Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Proposal to use data_migrate gem for API
On Montag, 11. September 2017, 11:53:33 CEST wrote Evan Rolfe:
On 08/09/17 08:24, Adrian Schröter wrote:

We just need to ensure that there isn't another
migration afterwards, which requires a downtime, right?

This is the part that concerns me, how do we ensure that? If you have a
data-migration which takes 3 hours but is lumped in with the other
database migrations how are we going to ensure that the 3 hour
data-migration is run without downtime but the other migrations are run
with downtime?

I would also be open to using a rake task for the data migration if you
would prefer over using a third party gem to handle this?

I don't mind the rubygem, just the additional needed step.

Could we run the data modifications also always when "db:migrate"
is called?

That way you can opt-in to do data changes only, but we don't need
to teach people yet another command to run on next OBS version update.

(AG Nürnberg)

Maxfeldstraße 5
90409 Nürnberg
Germany