Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Proposal to use data_migrate gem for API
On 08/09/17 08:24, Adrian Schröter wrote:

We just need to ensure that there isn't another
migration afterwards, which requires a downtime, right?

This is the part that concerns me, how do we ensure that? If you have a data-migration which takes 3 hours but is lumped in with the other database migrations how are we going to ensure that the 3 hour data-migration is run without downtime but the other migrations are run with downtime?

I would also be open to using a rake task for the data migration if you would prefer over using a third party gem to handle this?

--
Evan Rolfe
Full Stack Web Developer