Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Download on Demand Service change URL to repository
Hi Christian,

On 07.09.2017 11:26, Christian Schneemann wrote:
Hi,

we are using the download on demand service to fetch some packages from
external repositories. For example Leap 42.x.. As there are problems
with download.opensuse.org we wanted to switch to another mirror, but
what have to be done after the URLs in the project meta are changed? How
can we tell the service to read this configuration again?

A bit drastic, but this worked for me while investigating
https://github.com/openSUSE/open-build-service/issues/2296

rm -rf /srv/obs/build/my_dod_project/*
rcobsdodup restart

But that of course implies downloading everything again.

A simple restart seemed not to help, also not to rescan the repository
with obs_admin --rescan-repository.

I also have a script here that re-triggers dod runs, which (with OBS 2.7)
sometimes did not seem to pick up changes (we
have daily "snapshots" of the SMT repos and the "current" symlink on the
webserver gets changed from time to time to a
different snapshot directory).

------snip-----------------------
#!/bin/bash
case $1 in
SP1|SP2) ;;
*) echo "please call me as $0 <SP1|SP2>"
exit 1
;;
esac
SP=$1
rm /srv/obs/build/SLES12-${SP}/snap_*/x86_64/\:full/doddata.cookie
#
# editing in webfrontend adds <pubkey>{}</pubkey> which confused bs_dod
sed -i -e '/<pubkey>/s/^.*$/ <pubkey><\/pubkey>/'
/srv/obs/dods/SLES12-${SP}::snap_*::x86_64
touch /srv/obs/dods/.changed

I'm not sure if this is still needed with 2.8, but with 2.7 it successfully
triggered the "metadata has changed" logic.

Have fun :-)
--
Stefan Seyfried