Re: [opensuse-buildservice] vfork resource temporarily unavailable cause build failures
Hi,

Am 06.09.2017 um 08:00 schrieb Adrian Schröter:
On Mittwoch, 6. September 2017, 07:51:29 CEST wrote Karsten Keil:
Hi,

on a private OBS instance after introducing change root workers based on
SLES12 hosts some builds failed with above errors. The reason was the
task limit (500) enforced from systemd, the solution was to set it via
the service definition for the worker to unlimited. This did help until
I changed the worker type from change root to KVM. Now I got build
failures again with the same message. I do not understand why, because
the build target system is not systemd based at all (SLES11) so the here
should not be such a small limit as SLES12 SP2 had (500) inside the VM ?

Does this be a common issue on KVM workers with a higher number of
VCPUs (12) ?
Any idea how to solve this ?

IIRC this limitation gets applied in standard initrd. We solved this
inside the initrd of kernel-obs-build package some time ago.

Do you have the distros configured to use that one?

Thanks Adrian.
I do not did anything special related to the kernel-obs-build package so
I think our instance is not using it.

I did not found anything about this in the documentation (maybe looked
at the wrong place), so what is needed to enable the distros to use it ?

I only found kernel-obs-build packages for SLE12, but no one for SLE11 ?

Thanks
Karsten