[opensuse-buildservice] Re: [opensuse-packaging] obs-service-format_spec_file is moving comments around
On Freitag, 28. Juli 2017, 01:27:26 CEST wrote Simon Lees:

On 28/07/17 03:04, Dave Plater wrote:

On 25/07/2017 15:48, Johannes Meixner wrote:
Changes by an automated tool are no changes made by me
so that the automated tool must make itself visible
as another separated author "who" changed it.

I think it could be even legally problematic when changes
that are not made by me happen to be public visible as
my commit with my commit message and my changelog entry.

I agree, the automated tool must at least present the changes it wishes
to make to the committer and present the option to override them.
I get around this problem using kwrite for spec files and if the file
gets changed on check in it warns me and I can see a diff of the changes.
I've never seen anything apart from a slight reordering of build
requirements and an update of the copyright year however when I had
spec-cleaner-format_spec_file instead of obs-service-format_spec_file
I quickly uninstalled it because it moved around conditionals and other
destructive things.
It's possible that this thread relates to spec-cleaner-format_spec_file
and not obs-service-format_spec_file.
Best regards
Dave P

Cross posting to opensuse-buildservice, being able to review the
contents of these changes before sending the commit would be nice but it
probably requires new features in the buildservice which I would
welcome, if only for the times when i'm doing a commit to a maintenance
update and it triggers major spec file changes or worse a unintended run
of one of the source services completely changing the tarball.

a simple

osc service run
osc diff

should show you any changes happen to your sources. However, you should
discuss changes with the maintainers of these service packages. The OBS
people only jump in on very grave problems here :)

The format_spec_file should never touch a tar ball though. There are others
which can do that, but these are usually disabled by default in openSUSE main
packages. Only an explicit

osc service runall

will execute them.

(AG Nürnberg)