[opensuse-buildservice] Re: How to stop a linked packages parent from rebuilding when the parents spec file is unchanged.

On 05/06/2017 16:13, Andreas Schwab wrote:
On Jun 05 2017, Dave Plater <dplater.list@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I have package lilypond with two spec files, lilypond.spec and
lilypond-doc.spec. Package lilypond-doc is a link of lilypond. I work on
lilypond-doc.spec locally and check it in and lilypond then rebuilds and
because lilypond-doc depends on lilypond to build a long, resource hungry
and unnecessary rebuild takes place.

When you change the sources of a package it is always rebuilt.

I've another similar package ffado with linked ffado-mixer. This means
when I change ffado-mixer a chain of dependencies via jack will also
rebuild unnecessarily.

Change the rebuild attribute in the repository element to "local".

Andreas.

This happens in my home project, so it doesn't happen in Factory?
Where can I find the repository element rebuild attribute?
Thanks
Dave P