[opensuse-buildservice] Proposal: Web UI so warning instead of succeeded if rpmlint checks fail.
Hi All,

A feature request (that i'm probably not capable of implementing
myself), On the webui, we should show "Warning" in Yellow or a different
green, where we currently show succeeded. The current behavior in terms
of the package succeeding to build and be published shouldn't be changed.

The reasoning behind this is currently when doing reviews I often come
across rpmlint warnings that people have missed and probably should be
fixed. What I suspect happens is people sometimes see a green
"succeeded" presume everything is ok and don't bother checking the build
logs or rpmlint output. I suspect this because i'm probably also guilty
of doing it at times as well.

Hopefully a change like this will lead to people both fixing the
warnings that should be fixed and silencing the ones that don't apply,
this would make the review team's life easier as we wouldn't have to
guess whether the warning is real or not.

Thoughts?

--

Simon Lees (Simotek) http://simotek.net

SUSE Linux Adelaide Australia, UTC+10:30