[opensuse-buildservice] Rebuild trigger algorithm change
Hello,

Currently we have huge load on our OBS farm and I'm investigating ways of
decreasing number of rebuilds. My idea was to use libabigail with custom script
to trigger dependency rebuilding only when package ABI changes.

The initial assumption was that the `build-compare' package is used to detect
whether package differs or not. Now after investigation I found that the
decision is made inside the scheduler and `build-compare' is only used to make
delta-rpm packages if they are used.

As far as I understand, to reduce the number of rebuilds I'll need to introduce
kind of libabigail support into scheduler and create the `recent rpm mirror' of
repository, since I need previous and current version of rpms to compare
ABIs. And I'll also need to introduce some state into current hashmap with
project status inside the scheduler.

So the easy way to make scheduler run rebuilds depending on my custom logic
based on running script inside the buildroot does not exist, does it?

Is it possible at all to implement this feature in current OBS? And if yes,
where should I start?

Best Regards,
Pavel Kopyl