Re: [opensuse-buildservice] openSUSE:Tools suddenly missing its Tumbleweed Repo?
* Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx> [03-28-17 03:56]:
On Dienstag, 28. März 2017, 09:50:38 CEST wrote Jan Engelhardt:
On Tuesday 2017-03-28 09:36, Johannes Kastl wrote:
On 28.03.17 09:34 Adrian Schröter wrote:
On Dienstag, 28. März 2017, 09:32:58 CEST wrote Johannes Kastl:

Any reason why this is no longer called Tumbleweed? When adding
repos to my home project I always get a repo called Tumbleweed,
that builds against openSUSE:Factory/snapshot.

someone created that for some time, but I did not want to have
double builds, so I dropped the newer one again.

I would have preferred to have it named tumbleweed, to avoid the
confusion, but I understand building twice is kind of superfluous...

Can't you just use an _aggregate if you really want to have
both "Tumbleweed" and "Factory"? Saves the rebuild..

aggregates are evil and leads just to more problems and the same disk waste.

I would configure a redirection if we would really need a hack.

But given that this repo is away since quite some time already without a big
problem, I won't do hacks here...

re: "without a big problem", some or most of us silently dealt with the
change. The problem is that factory is not always the same as Tw even
though they are advertized as so.

If.. a factory repo is supposed to equate to Tumbleweed, why not call it
Tw and thost factory repos that are more testing/staging grounds remain
with factory labels. The factory/Tw situation is confusing, in that *if*
factory equals Tw, why not call it all factory or tw, or at least install
redirection that defines Tw apart from factory?

Photos: http://wahoo.no-ip.org/gallery2 Registered Linux User #207535

Photos: http://wahoo.no-ip.org/piwigo @ http://linuxcounter.net