Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Proposal to use service objects in models
Hey,

On 14.03.2017 14:25, Evan Rolfe wrote:
On 14/03/17 13:14, Henne Vogelsang wrote:

I do prefer the interactor pattern over general service objects for
the same reason that I prefer them over concerns: single-purpose code...

Do you have any links to articles that explain the interactor pattern
for those of us who are not familiar with it?

https://semaphoreci.com/community/tutorials/how-to-reduce-controller-bloat-with-interactors-in-ruby

https://mkdev.me/en/posts/a-couple-of-words-about-interactors-in-rails

https://github.com/collectiveidea/interactor

Also you say that you prefer them to service objects and concerns
because "single-purpose code.."? Can explain what that means please?

Well service objects tend to grow to have many responsibilities, while interactors are by definition limited to one responsibility. This means they are harder to extract but people do not end up "just" moving code around to make complexity metrics happy.

Henne

--
Henne Vogelsang
http://www.opensuse.org