Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Build issues against openSUSE Tumbleweed

On Monday 2017-03-13 17:45, Olaf Hering wrote:
Am Mon, 13 Mar 2017 17:23:19 +0100
schrieb Dimstar / Dominique Leuenberger <dimstar@xxxxxxxxxxxx>:

Any ideas are welcome on how to avoid this in the future - the more
automatic it is, the higher the chance of it not failing again.

[...] I think ABI breakage happened often enough in the past to consider a
change [to full rebuilds].

The nasty ones are the ABI breaks without notice. Like, when libglib adds a
symbol and does not update its -Wl,--version-script. (like it currently does -
it has none at all).

But libffi4 vs libffi7 is something that could, methinks, be determined
apriori, since the SO name is changing, we know that there is a cut and need to
rebuild. Isn't that already how it works, anyway?
And since we know there is a cut.. such DRs could be delayed by infrastructure
automatically.