[opensuse-buildservice] Build issues against openSUSE Tumbleweed
On Mon, 2017-03-13 at 16:25 +0100, Dimstar / Dominique Leuenberger
wrote:
Dear hackers and packagers,

My sincere apologies - once again we are struck by a delete request
having impacts way beyond what we expect to to touch.

As part of the cleanup activities, gcc5 has been removed from the
distro. This also impacts libffi4; The distro has gained a new libffi
implementation (libffi7, version 3.2.1) which has been around for a
while.

As we now deleted libffi4, though, it became apparent that not
everything is yet rebuilt against libffi7 (no real surprise there: we
have the rebuild strategy of least changes implemented)

So far nothing bad - except: as libffi4 has been removed from
openSUSE:Factory, this not only impacts /standard (which we would not
have a problem - ever), but also /snapshot. Which means all the
builds
against openSUSE:Tumbleweed will be broken at least until the next
snapshot can be published (0313 that is).

I apologize for this issue caused and will be trying to find a
workaround for now to get you guys going again. Please stay tuned.

I filed this as https://progress.opensuse.org/issues/17688

Any ideas are welcome on how to avoid this in the future - the more
automatic it is, the higher the chance of it not failing again.

Please keep the discussion on -buildservice or in the ticket.
-packaging should merely be informed of the outcome in the end.

Cheers,
Dominique
--
Dimstar / Dominique Leuenberger <dimstar@xxxxxxxxxxxx>