Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Track statistics on the openSUSE staging process to gain feedback on changes
Hey,

On 01.03.2017 15:43, Jimmy Berry wrote:

That was my understanding as well, which is why I am not proceeding any
further until I get an understanding of any existing plans surrounding OBS
metrics.

Apart from the tool we want to use to store time series data (influxdb), the tool we want to use to send data there (influxer) and the tool we want to use to show metrics (grafana) we don't have much of a plan. I guess it's up to you to figure out how you can make sense out of this for your use case :-)

If you need to record some extra time series data for your staging workflow engine you can do that, as your engine always runs in the context of the OBS instance it's mounted on top of. So it will also have access to the influxdb instance etc.

Same is BTW true for access to the SQL database, your engine has the same access as the Rails app it's mounted from.

I hope that helps,

Henne

--
Henne Vogelsang