Re: [opensuse-buildservice] OBS 2.7: Packages are unresolvable 'Have choice for i586' or 'Nothing provides'
On Freitag, 17. Februar 2017, 11:13:16 CET wrote Till Dörges:
Am 17.02.2017 um 11:05 schrieb Adrian Schröter:
On Freitag, 17. Februar 2017, 11:03:16 CET wrote Till Dörges:
Am 17.02.2017 um 09:36 schrieb Adrian Schröter:

I just upgraded a private OBS instance from 2.6 to 2.7. The openSUSE
13.1 update
repository was a local repository under 2.6 and was converted to a
download on demand
repository for 2.7.

We do not ship OBS 2.7 for i586 anymore. Please use an x86_64 system.

Does this mean, I can't build for i586 with OBS 2.7 anymore?

You can still build for any architecture and distribution OBS supports,
including i586.

Just the OBS server instance itself needs to run on a x86_64 system.

Our OBS instance (all services including 2 workers) runs on a single
x86_64 host.

x86_64 workers are fine, they will use either personality switching
(chroot) or booting
a 32bit kernel and user land for i586 builds.

Perfect, that was my understanding, too.

But it brings me back to my original question. ;-)

What is wrong/missing in our setup so that x86_64 builds are fine, but i586
build
give 'unresolvable' with either 'Have choice for i586' or 'Nothing provides'?

I understood you that you build against OBS:Server:2.7 project. That one has no
i586
definition in the repos so it is not finding any rpms there.

sorry, but I can not really help without to know more about your setup ..

(AG Nürnberg)

Maxfeldstraße 5
90409 Nürnberg
Germany