Re: [opensuse-buildservice] What to do about "broken" state
On Thu, Feb 16, 2017, at 02:46, Adrian Schröter wrote:
On Mittwoch, 15. Februar 2017, 17:25:31 CET wrote Greg Ward:
On Tue, Feb 14, 2017, at 09:19, Greg Ward wrote:
Yeah, I figured out the mouse-over already. I get the same message at
the command line:

obs-new:/tmp/home:gward/sortu # osc results -v
sl67 x86_64 broken: bad build configuration, no
build type defined or detected

this says there is neiter a build config (osc meta prjconf) which defines
the type of build (rpm/deb/..) and neither any binaries in the
repositories
which can be used to auto detect the type.

This was definitely true at one point. It is no longer true:

* I used "osc meta prjconf -F" to load a known-good prjconf into my
binary import repositories
* I used "bs_admin --rescan-repositories" to ensure that :full.solv
exists for binary import project/repo/arch

At some point after I satisfied those two conditions, my "broken"
packages started to build, and built successfully.

In some cases, I didn't do anything and things started to build. In
other cases, I made a whitespace-only commit to force builds.

The big mystery at this point: what caused the transition from "broken"
to "able to build"? Surely something happened, but so far all I can say
is "some time elapsed".

Greg