Re: [opensuse-buildservice] What to do about "broken" state
On Tue, Feb 14, 2017, at 02:55, Adrian Schröter wrote:
Any idea what is going on here? How do I investigate when a package is
"broken"? How do I unbreak it?

Use "osc results -v" in the package to see why it is broken (or the popup
on the website).

It might be repository related or package related, but its hard to say.

Well, not with "osc r -v" or via the mouse-over information in webui.

Yeah, I figured out the mouse-over already. I get the same message at
the command line:

obs-new:/tmp/home:gward/sortu # osc results -v
sl67 x86_64 broken: bad build configuration, no
build type defined or detected
sl67 i586 broken: bad build configuration, no
build type defined or detected
ol7 x86_64 succeeded
c7 x86_64 succeeded

But I don't *understand* the error.

Hmmm: I just realized I didn't do anything to define a build worker for
SL 6.7. My colleague, who created this private instance, took care of
the ol7 (Oracle Linux 7) build worker When I added c7 (CentOS 7), it
just worked without me adding a builder, and I don't understand why. Now
I've added sl67 (Scientific Linux 6.7) without adding a build worker,
and it doesn't work.

Maybe my question should be: why are my CentOS 7 builds working even
though I did not define a build worker?

Usually it is a conflicting source commit which can get resolved with
"osc pull".

I'm the only person using this instance, and there are only two users:
Admin and gward. So I'm pretty sure we can eliminate this, right?

Greg