Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Why are these _service files unresolvable for everything except Factory/Tumbleweed?

On 17/01/2017 15:05, Adrian Schröter wrote:
On Dienstag, 17. Januar 2017, 14:14:52 CET wrote Dave Plater:
Hi, can somebody tell me why this and other similar _service files
prevent anything besides Factory or Tumbleweed from building with the
following message:
the mode="buildtime" services need to be available inside of
the repositories, since they are executed during build.

So, for 42.1 and before you need to build against the :Update
project. Or against openSUSE:Tools project for latest version.
I'll add the update repo to multimedia:apps/libs 42.1 repo.

<services>
<service name="obs_scm" mode="disabled">
<param name="url">https://github.com/zeromq/cppzmq.git</param>
<param name="scm">git</param>
<param name="versionformat">%cd.%h</param>
<param name="versionprefix">0.0.0+git</param>
</service>
<service mode="disabled" name="set_version" />

<service mode="buildtime" name="tar" />
<service mode="buildtime" name="recompress">
<param name="file">*.tar</param>
<param name="compression">xz</param>
</service>
</services>

As I'm writing this Leap:42.2 suddenly works.

I don't have this problem in my home:plater project only multimedia: and
other devel projects.
so you get the services there from some project. Use "osc buildinfo" to find
out from where they are comming.

I keep a branch from Tools of osc, osc-plugin-collab, osc-plugin-install and osc-plugin-overview in my home project.
Thanks
Dave P