Re: [opensuse-buildservice] myspell-korean missing
  • From: Greg Freemyer <greg.freemyer@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2016 23:11:58 -0500
On Thu, Nov 17, 2016 at 6:47 PM, David Renz <admin@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hello everyone,

I'm doing some localization work for an open-source project and therefore
wanted to install the myspell-korean spell check dictionary, which is not
available for openSUSE 42.2. It's available for 13.x (http://rpm.pbone.net/
index.php3/stat/4/idpl/29260793/dir/opensuse_13.x/com/myspell-
korean-0.4.3-32.3.1.noarch.rpm.html), but this package can't be installed on
42.2 due to dependency conflicts.

I solved this by downloading the Debian package from https://
packages.debian.org/en/sid/hunspell-ko and then put the files into the
according directories (except /var/lib/dictionaries-common/hunspell/hunspell-
ko, this directory doesn't exist on openSUSE). After having done so I was able
to use the Korean dictionary with LibreOffice.

Is there anyone who would like to build a myspell-korean package which could
then be added to the 42.2 repo? Otherwise I wouldn't mind doing that by
myself, since I'd like to contribute to the openSUSE project and I'd
appreciate having the chance to get more familiar with the building process.

Kind regards

David

If you proceed, be aware that the main 42.2 repo is frozen at this
pont. But the factory/Tumbleweed repo is always accepting new
projects. And next summer 42.3 will be put together and will get many
new packages from Tumbleweed.

Greg