Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Confused package scheduler
On Mittwoch, 26. Oktober 2016, 16:09:07 CEST wrote Marcus Klein:
Hi,

we have the following setup of projects with project dependencies in open
buildservice:
base (1.0.0) <- extension (1.0.0)
base (1.0.1) <- UI (1.0.1)
and
extension (1.0.0), UI (1.0.1) <- broken project

We have a "package-b" in "broken project" that has build dependencies on a
"package-a (1.0.1)" located in project "base (1.0.1)". Unfortunately the
scheduler tries to resolve the build dependency sometimes with the "package-a
(1.0.0)" located in project "base (1.0.0)". This leads to an "unresolvable"
package state with message "nothing provides package-a >= 1.0.1".

All projects span several distributions including RHEL6, RHEL7 and Debian
Jessie. This unresolvable state appears for all distributions.

Is the scheduler capable to resolve versioned dependencies with the available
packages in both "base" projects and depending on the versioned dependency
resolve it with the correctly versioned package-a?

In general OBS takes care about versioned deps, but it also takes the priority
of used repositories into account. Means a higher path wins no matter what
version may
be in the lower path for a repository.

Without to know more about your setup, I can just recommend that you use the
magic

# osc buildinfo -d .... | grep package-a

to find out why a specific package got used.

Thanks,
Marcus

PS: we defined the build dependencies in the following way:

debian/control:
Build-Depends: package-a (>= 1.0.1)

.spec:
BuildRequires: package-a >= 1.0.1