Re: [opensuse-buildservice] osc doesn't work on new installation: M2Crypto is needed to access https://api.opensuse.org in a secure way
Am 18.07.2016 um 16:44 schrieb Marcus Hüwe:
Dear Markus et al!

> This issue is still present on my system. IMHO the problem resides in the
python libraries itself. I can not even import the ssl module:

> > python -c "import ssl"
> Traceback (most recent call last):
> File "<string>", line 1, in <module>
> File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/ssl.py", line 97, in <module>
> import _ssl # if we can't import it, let the error propagate
> ImportError: /usr/lib64/python2.7/lib-dynload/_ssl.so: undefined symbol:
SSLv2_method

This looks like your installed python version doesn't fit to your installed
libopenssl1_0_0 (or the other way around). What's the output of
rpm -q python libopenssl1_0_0

What distribution are you running (TW, Leap...)?

> Unfortunately I'm not able to solve that issue here. Having a look at the
pyhon in openSUSE:Factory, I have seen that _ssl.so had completely been removed
from the spec file with the update to 2.7.12.

Huh? r119 ships the _ssl.so

Marcus, you are great! You are right, I had a libopenssl1_0_0 library for
another openSUSE version (13.2) installed. When I remember right, I have had a
wrong update repo (to 13.2) installed some month ago. As 13.2's libopenssl
library is newer than Leap's (1.0.1k vs 1.0.1i), it did update to the other
version. Don't know, why all the other things on the PC are running properly :-)

Thank you for your support,
Johannes

--
Johannes Weberhofer