Re: [opensuse-buildservice] osc doesn't work on new installation: M2Crypto is needed to access https://api.opensuse.org in a secure way
Am 12.04.2016 um 09:21 schrieb Marcus Meissner:
On Tue, Apr 12, 2016 at 09:13:28AM +0200, Johannes Weberhofer wrote:
Dear all!

On a freshly installed LEAP PC I'm seeing this issue invoking osc commands:

osc up
/usr/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/M2Crypto/__m2crypto.so: undefined symbol:
SSLv2_method
M2Crypto is needed to access https://api.opensuse.org in a secure way.
Please install python-m2crypto.

Of course python-m2crypto is already installed. Very similar issues can be
found at https://lists.opensuse.org/opensuse-buildservice/2015-09/msg00015.html
https://lists.opensuse.org/opensuse-buildservice/2015-09/msg00014.html -
unfortunately there is no solution. As response to those messages, here you
find the items asked for:

type -p python
/usr/bin/python

rpm --verify python-base
# no output

rpm -V python-M2Crypto
# no output

python -c "from httplib import HTTPSConnection"
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "<string>", line 1, in <module>
ImportError: cannot import name HTTPSConnection

We have an update running for this, openSUSE:Maintenance:4951, so it will be
fixed soon(tm).

Ciao, Marcus

Dear Markus et al!

This issue is still present on my system. IMHO the problem resides in the
python libraries itself. I can not even import the ssl module:

python -c "import ssl"
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "<string>", line 1, in <module>
File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/ssl.py", line 97, in <module>
import _ssl # if we can't import it, let the error propagate
ImportError: /usr/lib64/python2.7/lib-dynload/_ssl.so: undefined symbol:
SSLv2_method

Unfortunately I'm not able to solve that issue here. Having a look at the pyhon
in openSUSE:Factory, I have seen that _ssl.so had completely been removed from
the spec file with the update to 2.7.12.

--
Johannes Weberhofer
Weberhofer GmbH, Austria, Vienna