Re: [opensuse-buildservice] OBS 2.7.0 - non-obs urls in kiwi build descriptions

On 07/06/2016 04:18 PM, Adrian Schröter wrote:
On Mittwoch, 6. Juli 2016, 16:07:14 CEST wrote Eike Waldt:

On 07/06/2016 03:51 PM, Adrian Schröter wrote:
On Mittwoch, 6. Juli 2016, 15:31:30 CEST wrote Eike Waldt:
Hello,

the 2.7.0 release notes stated the following:
* Allow non-obs urls in kiwi build descriptions, map to obs urls if
possible

When I use the the kiwi template from [0] (I know this will not build
anyway unless I change the urls...This is just an example.), the image
does not want to build.
Error message:
"suse-SLE12-community-JeOS (can not parse package name from
suse-SLE12-JeOS.kiwi because: repo url not using obs:/ scheme:
http://download.suse.de/ibs/SUSE:/SLE-12-SP1:/Update/standard";

obs27:~ # rpm -q obs-server
obs-server-2.7.0-4.1.noarch

How do I use these "non-obs urls" correctly?

OBS still needs to know about the content of the URLs. Means, you can
only use URLs with the prefix specified as download_url in

osc api /configuration
Could you clarify this "download_url" and which changes need to be done
to the kiwi file after setting it?
An example would be nice.

osc api -e /configuration

has some configuration settings for the OBS instance. The download_url is the
prefix where all published repositories are accessable. In our case:

osc api /configuration | grep download_url

<download_url>http://download.opensuse.org/repositories</download_url>

So all kiwi url's using http://download.opensuse.org/repositories will work.

Thanks for the clarification. Than this is not an option in my scenario.
Unless I do some dirty http-redirects on my OBS server :D

--
Eike Waldt
Linux Consultant

B1 Systems GmbH