[opensuse-buildservice] Bootstrapping OBS
Hello all,

I’m installing a private instance of OBS for a customer, and so far I managed
to bring up all the services (including the frontend). However, I’m not having
much success on bootstrapping it.

After creating an empty SUSE:SLE-12-SP1:GA project, added a project config
(pulled from the corresponding project on build.opensuse.org), I tried two
approaches to bootstrapping it:

1) created a “standard” x86_64 DoD repository via the UI, pointing the URL to a
local HTTP server hosting the installation image for SLES 12 SP1. I noticed
errors on the logs trying to download “repodata”. Ok, it expects a proper
repository created by createrepo, which is not the case. Let’s try something
else.

2) copied all the binary RPMs to a staging area and proceeded as noted on the
documentation (stop the scheduler and move everything to the corresponding
:full directory, each package renamed to just “.rpm” without a version). Even
though a :full.solv file was created after a while, I still see no packages at
all for the project.

What am I missing here?

I also activated the OBS interconnect with openSUSE.org, but I cannot find any
of the projects from build.opensuse.org on the local search. Is that intended?
I wanted to branch a package hosted on OBS.

— Erico
< Previous Next >