Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Best way to keep local Installation updated
On Dienstag, 3. Mai 2016, 08:43:41 wrote Ralf Becker:
Hi Adrian,

Am 29.04.16 um 16:49 schrieb Adrian Schröter:
On Freitag, 29. April 2016, 15:28:18 wrote Ralf Becker:
We have success full updated from our 2.4.5 appliance to a 2.5.7
appliance, all OBS data incl. projects and packages seems to be present.

We then tried to update from 2.5.7 to a 2.6.9 appliance without obvious
error messages on the console, but OBS seems empty now.

Any pointers where to look?

We also tried and failed with the following upgrade: We installed and
empty 2.6.9, created a single project and package and tried to update to
2.7beta (2.6.90) appliance. Project is also gone after the upgrade.

Uh, that is not something you want to have before weekend ....

When you see the "Seeding" lines someone or some script must have called
the db:setup rake command.

It could be done by the obsapisetup script. It is doing so, when your
database is in mysql is not called "api_production" .

Database was the right lead: it is in /srv/obs/MySql, but that is not
written into /etc/my.cnf, if you upgrade. datadir is not set and

hm, it should be ...

defaults to (empty) /var/lib/mysql.

That should be fixed in your update routines, to ease updates.

Other problem that we now manually fixed is: after each update obsrun
has a new nummeric user-id, as user is created again in /etc/passwd.
That should be alt least mentioned in your upgrade guide, or better
handled automatic.

obsrun should be fixed to id 103 for historic reasons ...
done in config.sh executed when building the appliance.

Last thing we noticed and manually fixed: calculation of worker size
leads to a negative result.

So we got 2.6.9 working now, after above manual fixes.

We tried upgrading to 2.7beta, which works, but we reverted because of a
HTTP 500 status, whenever you click on a project link. Probably for a
reason it's still beta.

hm, no, traces from /srv/www/obs/log/ logfiles would have been nice ...

(AG Nürnberg)

Maxfeldstraße 5
90409 Nürnberg
Germany