Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Linux scheduler bugs

On Friday 2016-04-29 01:23, Greg Freemyer wrote:

I believe in the Intel world at least, all 6 core (12 thread) single
socket (CPU) are all SMP, not NUMA.

You make it sound like NUMA machines are not SMP, which is almost
universally not the case. Anyhow, SMP and NUMA are separate concepts.

If you have multiple sockets (CPUs) you are definitely into NUMA (per
my understanding).

I would question that for FSB generations (era Pentium 2), but it is
hard to find information on those long gone processors.

I'm not sure when NUMA kicks in for an individual Intel CPUs (socket)
(but I know that it does eventually).

It is there whenever the machine description says there is. (See
ACPI tables.) You can play around with that in VirtualBox IIRC.