Re: [opensuse-buildservice] What documentation to try local OBS installation ?
On Freitag, 22. April 2016, 15:08:17 wrote Normand:

On 22/04/2016 13:28, Henne Vogelsang wrote:
Hey,

On 22.04.2016 11:25, Normand wrote:

What is the best doc to follow to try an OBS local installation ?

That depends on how you want to install it.
The easiest way is definitely the appliance.
You just download the appliance installer,
boot from it and follow the instructions on the screen.

http://openbuildservice.org/download/

In fact I want to make trial on a ppc64le machine, to identify what is not
working for this architecture.

The current problem is that we can't execute the testsuite on ppc64le,
because phantomjs has no support for ppc64le. You can see the state here:

https://build.opensuse.org/project/monitor/OBS:Server:Unstable

You could disable the test suite in obs-server package, if you want
to build a snapshot to try it in real life. But I don't like to
ship it without ...

Doing an internet search I found (1) but trying to follow first step in
4.2 there is an non-existing url (2)

Sorry seems like this section needs a complete overhaul, something for our
TODO :-/

Henne

(AG Nürnberg)

Maxfeldstraße 5