Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Build hitting disk space limit on b.o.o?
On 07.03.2016 19:10, Adrian Schröter wrote:
On Montag, 7. März 2016, 16:36:21 wrote Fritz Elfert:
Hi admins,

I have a specific package (a JDK8 backport) which requires a lot of disk
space. The statistics below show a successful build, but that build has
disabled the docs subpackage:

https://build.opensuse.org/package/statistics/home:ods/openjdk8-backport-wheezy?arch=x86_64&repository=xUbuntu_14.04

I know about _constraints features, however the docs at
http://openbuildservice.org/help/manuals/obs-reference-guide/cha.obs.build_job_constraints.html
also notes, that constraints not matching *any* build hosts result in a
build job staying in scheduled state forever.

If I set the required disk space to anything > 10G, it *appears* that my
job falls into that category - but obviously I can't be shure.
If I set it to 10G, the build starts, but runs out of disk space, *if* I
enable the docs-subpackage.
=> So could any of you confirm that *no* build host on b.o.s fits that
constraint (or was I simply too impatient)?

20G is no problem. But of course you reduce the chances to get the job
assigned, so it will take longer.

It would be nice do have the upper limits for the various resources
noted somewhere.

yes, an open feature ... also to get a dispatch state to see if a job is not
assignable.

PS:
I also noticed, that a build running out of disk-space apparently counts
as "soft"-error, resulting in an automatic re-scheduling which in turn
leads to an (endless?) build loop. So probably the re-scheduling is not
the ideal action to take, especially if a _constraint file exists which
specifies a large disk space already.

right, maybe a good idea to let the build fail then. Or maybe even in general
now, since we have the constraints...

A related feature request:
Make constraints definable by target (repo & arch). For example, I know,
that the above build only requires that much diskspace, *if* building
for xUbuntu_14.04 x86_64. All other targets require at most 10G. This
would improve the chance for being run.

Cheers
-Fritz

< Previous Next >