Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Ubuntu Universe repository
On Dienstag, 23. Februar 2016, 20:25:20 CET wrote Sanford Rockowitz:
Back in 2013, there was a long thread regarding the unavailability of
the Universe repository when building Ubuntu packages. Is that still
the case, or is there some kind of work around?

I ask because I'm developing a program that depends on package
libi2c-dev, which Ubuntu puts in Universe. The program builds locally
for Ubuntu, and OBS successfully builds it for OpenSUSE, Fedora, and
Debian, but not for Ubuntu because of the aforementioned dependency.

IIRC they still have packages inside where enforcable patents are affected.
(eg. audio and video codecs). So, we would only be allowed to do so via a
black list. Not sure if that is not causing even more trouble ....

(AG Nürnberg)

Maxfeldstraße 5
90409 Nürnberg
Germany