Re: [opensuse-buildservice] combined use of _aggregate and _service in a package?

On Jan 4, 2016, at Jan 4, 3:08 AM, Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx> wrote:

On Tuesday 22 December 2015, 09:50:44 wrote Karl W. Schulz:
Hello All,

I am aware of the nice capability to copy binary build results from one
project to another using the _aggregate feature. The examples I have seen
thus far seem to always have the same number of repos available in the
source project as are present in the destination project (although the names
may be different).

(IMHO it is better to build against the other repo instead, since aggregates
tend to break when dependencies changes or packages get splitted different or
renamed)

If that is not the case (say the destination project is introducing a new
repo that wasn't present in the source project), is it possible to construct
a package configuration using _aggregate to retain the binary result for the
repo that existed previously, and _service to build from source for the new
repository?

No, you can't combine _aggregates with _service.

Ok, thanks for confirming it’s not possible to combine the two. This leads to
another question when thinking of an alternative approach. Is there perhaps a
way to do a project copy (or package copy) that does not initiate a rebuild
automatically? I’ve tried things like the following with the API:

$ osc api -X POST
"/source/newproject/?cmd=copy&oproject=oldproject&resign=0&withbinaries=1&withhistory=1”

This copies over the binaries from “oldproject" to “newproject" initially, but
then also forces rebuilds of every package in the newproject. I’m trying to
figure out a way to make the copy happen without initiating any new builds
until subsequent changes are committed onto newproject.

Thanks for any tips,

-k