Re: [opensuse-buildservice] building armv7l on Debian8
On Wednesday 06 January 2016, 03:33:16 wrote Eike Waldt:
On 05.01.2016 18:12, Adrian Schröter wrote:
On Tuesday 05 January 2016, 16:41:30 wrote Andreas Färber:
Am 05.01.2016 um 15:38 schrieb Adrian Schröter:
On Tuesday 05 January 2016, 15:19:49 wrote Eike Waldt:
Hi,

I try to build for Debian8/armv7l on a x86-worker on the latest obs
2.6
release using a kvm machine.
Both obs builds and local builds (on the obs itself) do not work an
d end
in the error below.
Building the same package on Debian8/x86_64, openSUSE13.2/x86_64 an
openSUSE_Factory_ARM/armv7l works fine.

The package would be this:
https://build.opensuse.org/package/show/home:waldt:branches:devel:t
ools/tidy-html5
I cannot build/show you this on build.opensuse.org, because your De
bian8
repo seems not to work for armv7l.

What am I doing wrong?

Your x86_64 kernel and initrd is not able to execute arm /bin/bash
code. We install qemu-linux-user during preinstall phase. The initvm
executable of the build script will register it via binfmtmisc handl
er.

Maybe build-initvm-x86_64 is not installed on the worker?

It is, but no qemu got preinstalled, so it can't configure qemu via bi
nfmt misc
handler.

So, either preinstall qemu-linux-user or do a native build on arm hard
ware.

Thanks for the help so far!

I converted the latest qemu-linux-user x86 rpm to a armel deb via alien
;)
After putting it in preinstall and fixing a few other dependencies, it
build just fine now. It's also executable on a real arm system!

Is there a more supported and reproducible way of building
qemu-linux-user for debian?

You can maybe base on the standard debian qemu package. You will need to
add the following packages from our package though:

0003-qemu-0.9.0.cvs-binfmt.patch
0014-linux-user-binfmt-support-host-bina.patch
0011-linux-user-add-binfmt-wrapper-for-a.patch

They add the /usr/bin/qemu-$ARCH-binfmt helper binary.
Or you package that in an extra package.

(AG Nürnberg)

Maxfeldstraße 5
90409 Nürnberg
Germany