Re: [opensuse-buildservice] building armv7l on Debian8
On Tuesday 05 January 2016, 16:41:30 wrote Andreas Färber:
Am 05.01.2016 um 15:38 schrieb Adrian Schröter:
On Tuesday 05 January 2016, 15:19:49 wrote Eike Waldt:
Hi,

I try to build for Debian8/armv7l on a x86-worker on the latest obs 2.6
release using a kvm machine.
Both obs builds and local builds (on the obs itself) do not work and end
in the error below.
Building the same package on Debian8/x86_64, openSUSE13.2/x86_64 and
openSUSE_Factory_ARM/armv7l works fine.

The package would be this:
https://build.opensuse.org/package/show/home:waldt:branches:devel:tools/tidy-html5
I cannot build/show you this on build.opensuse.org, because your Debian8
repo seems not to work for armv7l.

What am I doing wrong?

Your x86_64 kernel and initrd is not able to execute arm /bin/bash
code. We install qemu-linux-user during preinstall phase. The initvm
executable of the build script will register it via binfmtmisc handler.

Maybe build-initvm-x86_64 is not installed on the worker?

It is, but no qemu got preinstalled, so it can't configure qemu via binfmt misc
handler.

So, either preinstall qemu-linux-user or do a native build on arm hardware.

(AG Nürnberg)

Maxfeldstraße 5
90409 Nürnberg
Germany