Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Building lxc for CentOS with python34
  • From: Neal Gompa <ngompa13@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 9 Dec 2015 20:41:39 -0500
On Wed, Dec 9, 2015 at 2:02 PM, Johannes Kastl <mail@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Dear all,

I am trying to build the lxc package (1.0.8 atm) for CentOS7. To get
a usable output of lxc-ls, I wanted to enable building with python3,
which works fine with the openSUSE version.

https://build.opensuse.org/project/monitor/home:ojkastl_buildservice:L
XC_Vanilla_stable-1.0

As CentOS7 only has python3 in EPEL, I created a package that pulls
in the original src.rpm from EPEL. After some tweaking of the
prjconf, the python34 package builds. It is called python34 on
CentOS, and the version from epel installs /usr/bin/python34, not
/usr/bin/python3. /usr/bin/python is still the 2.7 version.

https://build.opensuse.org/project/monitor/home:ojkastl_buildservice:C
entOS_Zeug_Testing:python34-EPEL

Aggregating the package to my lxc project, tweaking spec and prjconf
and voila, the package is built.

Only, I can't install it on CentOS, as the package somehow has a
dependency for /usr/bin/python3:

Error: Package: lxc-1.0.8-14.2.x86_64
(home_ojkastl_buildservice_LXC_Vanilla_stable-1.0)
Requires: /usr/bin/python3

In the spec file for lxc, I set a Requires for python34 or
python(abi) = 3.4 or similar, but always the same. And I would have
thought that using the original srpm for building should results in
correct dependecies, if they are somehow automagically added.

Question:
Any hints? Is this a problem with building EPEL SRPMs on OBS?
Error in my spec file? Wrong prjconf?

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Johannes

This is most likely coming from scripts inside the package actually
referencing /usr/bin/python3 in the shebang or something along those
lines. File requires are usually generated from that.