Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Which repository for current tumbleweed kernel?
  • From: Stephan Kulow <coolo@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 13 Nov 2015 15:58:04 +0100
On 13.11.2015 14:01, Adrian Schröter wrote:
On Friday 13 November 2015, 12:41:08 wrote Lorenz:
Hi there,

I noticed that the "Tumbleweed" repository has already kernel 4.3.0 available
since Nov 6th. See

http://download.opensuse.org/tumbleweed/repo/oss/suse/x86_64/
kernel-default-4.3.0-1.1.x86_64.rpm

Despite this, some kernel modules of my home repository
home:lorenz:filesystems are still compiled for version 4.2.4 and have not
yet
since been scheduled for a new build.

There seems to be quite some delay until the new kernel is "noticed". Is
such
a delay normal or did I specify the wrong repository?

repository indirect changes are indeed handled as "low" priority events.
You can see a graph of the load at the bottom left on the monitor page.

I specified Tumbleweed as

<repository name="openSUSE_Tumbleweed">
<path project="openSUSE:Factory" repository="snapshot"/>
<arch>x86_64</arch>
</repository>

Is this the repository that ends up at

http://download.opensuse.org/tumbleweed/repo/oss/suse/x86_64/ ?

No, OBS is unfortunately still unable to clone repositories
(fate#318339), so we can't integrate the snapshoting of standard repo
into the release process ;(

Greetings, Stephan